Thursday, July 31, 2014

Angleton Transfer 2 Week 2 July 28 2014

So its been yet another wonderful week in the land of unimaginable heat. :)

Sister McBride and I are very low on miles since we have had to travel to the mission office 3 times this month so we had the joy of biking in 100 degree weather! :) It brought back so many memories of last summer in Silverlake. The sweat that is running in your eyes and down your back, but there is absolutely no relief. Sister McBride was a trooper even though I can only imagine what was going through her head all day.. haha She did freak out a little at how much we were sweating. "Sister back at home in Colorado I can go for 5 miles runs and not sweat this much!" It is true I have never been such a sweaty mess in any of the sports or activities I have ever participated in.. but I have never been so content with being sweaty either. hah I really just love this work so much that the heat doesn't seem so bad and the sweat isn't so disgusting. I know it sounds a little weird, but it is true. I know that this is where I need to be and that whatever effort I put in means that I will get that much more success. 

My favorite part of biking is getting me meet so many wonderful people! With all the biking this week we found 7 new investigators which is really awesome! Plus since most of the people in our area are African American or Hispanic we really stand out in our blinding white skin and dresses. We had so many people stop and talk to us that I didn't even have enough room in my planner to write down all of the information! It was so much that yesterday we only had 15 mins to get home so we had to have a mad dash back to the apartments. Those have always been my favorites. The sun is practically down so it is only about 80 degrees. Your bike lights are on and you are pedaling just as fast as your burning legs can go laughing the entire way home. :) We made it with 3 minutes to spare and treated ourselves to some Blue Bell Icecream! (Magic Cookie Bar- it is one of my new favorites) 

We had a family come to church this week! Bernice and Tony and then their 5 kids! They really loved it despite a little episode of separation anxiety from the 3 year old. :) They are excited to come back and "try again next week." Bernice is an investigator that the sisters were teaching about 8 months ago but she was having a lot of drama in her life so they had to stop teaching her. We went back to teach her.. well we actually just saw her outside and were able to help her with some of the feelings she had been having lately. We taught her and then she came to church with the family and has a baptisimal date for the 23 of Aug! :) They are so awesome. Paris is the 6 year old girl and she is my favorite!! haah We taught her how to pray a couple weeks ago and now whenever she sees us she always asks if she can pray. She loves God and she loves learning more about him. We we asked Bernice to be baptized Paris begged us to be baptized as well! We want to be able to so bad but we know that the extra preparation will only help her to know more about the promise she is making with God. I am so inspired by the faith and the prayers she shares with us. She is going to be a wonderful member of the church. :) They are so cool. 

In other news Sister McBride is very good at Spanish so we have been able to have a ton of lessons in Spanish lately. Sometimes my Spanish is a little bit of Portu-ish (Portuguese and Spanish) but we are able to teach and get to know people and that is sooooo much fun. It is great to be able to use the knowledge that I have been trying to gain. It is crazy how God always has a purpose to everything. He knows each of this children and he wants them to be happy. :) 

I know that we are being lead in this work. Jesus Christ is the head of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and we are blessed when we follow the commandments. I know we have a prophet on the earth today and he holds the power from God to direct us. It is the same power that was used to create us and to create the earth. It is the same power that heals and that Christ used when he was here. It has been given to us to be able to bless each other and bring salvation to all those who so wish. I know that it is needed and I know where to find it. I know that God loves us. He loves you and He is mindful of you despite how sometimes it might feel. Don't forget to keep praying. 15 mins if at all possible. It helps. It strengthens and it brings comfort.  

Our Savior Lives and we are so blessed to know him!
-Sister Earl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment