Monday, July 21, 2014

Angelton Week 6 July 14 2014

Hey ya'll! It was another fantastic week here in the country!

I really love this area, but sometimes the mice, frogs, snakes and mosquitos are a little much. They are just everywhere all the time. Every night without fail we have 2 huge toads in front of our door that welcome us home. haah We are grateful for them though because they eat a lot of the bugs. :) We have had a bunch of warnings about snakes, but luckily we have not had any encounters with them. I might be able to stand up to a frog or a mouse.. but snakes will have me squealing. So I sincerely hope we don't get any on our front door eating our little frog friends. 

Our investigator Angel will be baptized very soon! He is such a cool kid. He really wants to make changes in his life and we are just overjoyed to help him. 

I got some great news about the Callahans in my last area! They have officially stopped smoking and are starting the temple prep classes! They have a goal to go to the temple before I go home so I can come!! :) I am super excited for them. :) :) 

Well we had transfer calls this morning, but we already knew what was going on... yesterday we got a call from the mission president telling me that I have been called to be a trainer. So Sister Tauasa will be transferred and I will be getting a new missionary on Wednesday! I am super excited, but really nervous too. I remember how I felt when I first got in the mission and it is just such a weird and terrifyingly awesome experience. I just hope I can help my new missionary feel the love that God has for her and how she can do this. God can help us do anything! He can empower us despite our weaknesses or whatnot. 

I know this is a sacred trust from the Lord and I am humbled by it. It seems like our Father in Heaven really likes to humble me. I still have a lot to learn, but I hope the knowledge that I have gained so far will help the new missionary to be excited about being a missionary. 
We will see how that goes. :) I am just praying for strength and patience. (Patience is something I am always learning too... as my dad could tell you.. I am not the most patient person by nature.. but anyone can change!!) 

Anyway, I love this gospel. I love my Savior and I don't want anyone to fall short of the blessings that God is willing to give us. 

We were encouraged by our mission president to take one time each day to pray for 15 mins. At first Iwas  a little skeptical but I can not even explain to you the difference in my prayers. I am learning how to really talk and reason with God in my prayers. After the first 5 mins or so I started to really dig deeper into how I was feeling and the things I needed to repent of. I was able to talk about each of the people we are working with and recieve revelation for them individually. I was able to feel the love that God has for me and everyone so much deeper than before. There is so much power in prayer.. and a lot of time we take it for granted. I encourage each of you to take 15 mins and pray.. really focus on your conversation with God. It is a different conversation than the 5-6min ones. 

I love all ya'll! Have a great week. 
-Sister Earl 

pics-Lake Jackson water tower and sunset.. that is not very clear.. but it was pretty. 
I jammed my finger playing basketball... some things just never change.. :P hahaha 

This is a random tree that had a face in it.. picture moment!

And then the others are just us being silly. :) 

have a good one! 









No comments:

Post a Comment