Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Angleton/Lake Jackson with Sister Tauasa! week 1

Transfer meeting was so crazy this time around!! First of all, usually the missionaries that are going home in the next transfer are called on to come up and bear their testimonies.. and they did do that. President gave a list to the Assistants and they read off the names. After all of them had borne their testimonies the assistant got up again and said, "Now we will have a testimony from Sister Earl." 

That a a big surprise, but I loved the opportunity to share what was on my mind. One of the biggest lessons I am learning is just how fast people can change. If someone decides they want to be better then they can! It is part of the Atonement that when we rely on Him we can be better and become different. I am learning that I need to choose to believe that people can change. (my companions, my investigators, myself) As long as we are humble, we can do it. :) 

After that I found out that I would be going to the country!!! Angleton/Lake Jackson area is completely green and infested with mosquitoes!! I had 28 bites the first day!! This is the first time I have been in an area of the mission that was not in the city so I am super excited. The funny thing is this is the area that Sister Winger was in before she came to Clear Lake. She was overly excited when I was coming here, but I was pretty excited too because I have met a lot of the people that live here. The people here are very humble and really super nice. We have been talking to everyone and all of them love to hear about our message. We found 5 new AND progressing investigators in the matter of a few days! It is a big change from Clear Lake just because the people there are all lot better off so they generally less excited to talk to us. haha

We have some really cool people and the members are wonderful!! :) I feel like I am more at home here just because of the wide open spaces and the people remind me of Moses Lake!


Sister Tauasa is from Samoa! She is learning English even though she is already pretty good at it. She understands everything I say and I usually gets what she is trying to say even though she has a funny pronunciation sometimes. She loves to dance and sing so we have a fun time together! She wants to learn how to cook American food... so I am trying to think what would be fun to learn... if you have any ideas let me know.

I love it here and I am so excited to see what is going to happen! 
-Sister Earl

No comments:

Post a Comment