Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Silverlake week?...uh ya time flies!!

This week has been a whirlwind of crazy. The highlight was definitely helping Megan Aikens to get baptized. She is a 13 year old who really wanted nothing to do with us at the beginning. Slowly she warmed up and the gospel has made her one of the happiest girls I know. Before she was pretty negative and slightly mean... but now she is always smiling and giving people compliments. The gospel has completely changed her life and I have had the blessing of watching it happen. :)

Sometimes the evidence of Gods love for his children is a little overwhelming. Usually I feel it for others, but sometimes He takes the time to remind me that I am His. :) The joy that comes from this message is nothing that I can describe but when you see a beautiful Daughter of God coming to know who she really is.. well that is just about as close as you can get. 

Besides the baptism we really have not focused on many other things. 

The trunk or treat was this week. We went and dressed up as... Elders!! haha It was fun and we got a couple laughs which was what we hoped for. There were some pretty good costumes and a lot of members invited their friends to come so we got to meet a couple people. :) 

We fully decorated our door in preparation for Halloween this week. (all of it came from my momma so Thank you momma!!) And momma, when it comes to Christmas I really have no idea what I want.. Any ideas? 

Cassidy!! I finally got your letter with the bacon chapstick and gorgeous picture of you!! I don't know why it took more than a month to get here but I was so excited when I got it!! Thank you. :) As for quotes this is all I have for today.

"Ask God to put you just where he wants you, and tell you what he wants you to do, and feel that you are on hand to do it"-Brigham Young

I will gather some better ones soon I promise. :) 

In closing I just want to say that I know this gospel is true. The best indication of whether or not something is true is what comes of it. As people learn about the gospel and act on it they change for the better! There are some people who ask for a sign from God telling them which way to go. He gives us signs! They just come when we choose to act and actively ask him what we should do. 

God lives and He is a great listener. Don't forget to talk to Him. 

Have a great week all you crazy people! 
-Sister Earl
                                                       Trunk or Treat



                                                 Megan Aikin's Baptism





                                             Carving pumpkins at the Mach family home!!

 
 
Singing at Megan's baptism!!
Thanks to Jason Baum who emailed this to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment