Saturday, August 30, 2014

Temple Trip August 9 2014

So I am emailing a little early this week.. and this is because we get to go to the temple today!!

And what makes this day even better than normal temple days is that we get to go with one my my recent converts who is going to be sealed to his wife for eternity!! Jim Chaplin is getting sealed today and I am overly excited to go and be there on this special day! I taught him with Sister Howard a year ago when I was in Alief area. 

He was super prepared for the gospel. He actually attended church for a year before he decided to start taking the missionary discussions, but once he started to learn he was on fire and was baptized almost right after I was transferred to Silverlake. I was not able to go to the baptism, which was a little sad... but today totally makes up for it!! :) 

This marriage that is performed in the temple is done by the priesthood power. The scripture tell us what happens when ordinances are performed by this power. 
Helaman 10:7

Behold, give unto you powerthat whatsoever ye shall seal on earth shall be sealed in heaven; and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven; and thus shall ye have power among this people.

So since this is being performed by this power, which was restored to the prophet Joseph Smith in the 1800s by 3 of Christ original apostles, it is going to be sealed on earth as well as being sealed in heaven. :) I know that this is only possible through this power from God and that He gives it to his servants to bless us and to teach us more about Him. It is going to be such a great day!! 

Angel is getting baptized this weekend!! It will be on Sunday right after church. We are so excited for him! He has been making friends with a ton of the kids in the Spanish branch and some in the Lake Jackson ward and has been going to all sorts of activities. I am so happy for him and I know that he is going to help so many people in his family.. and when he gets to serve a mission himself. :) YAY! 

Bernice and her family are just so awesome. We taught her the law of chastity the other day and she is actually not married to the father of her 5 kids, but she wants to go and live in her moms apartment so they can live the Law of Chastity even though her boyfriend has a much bigger house that is cleaner and has more room for the kiddos. She wants to live the gospel and she wants to have an eternal family. They are planning to get married, but she doesn't want to be breaking this commandment now even though they are planning on being married soon. We told her how sometimes keeping the commandments seem hard, but they are so worth it. We are blessed with so much more than we can even comprehend. 

I know this gospel is true and I am so grateful for all of the things that my Heavenly Father takes the time to teach me. 

Have a good week ya'll!
-Sister Earl

No comments:

Post a Comment