Monday, February 3, 2014

Jan 15, 2014 I'll be what you want me to be

Sunday Night at 9 36 we got a call from President Ashton that I knew had to be coming soon. I knew why he was calling and I knew what he was going to tell me and I was excited.

"Sister Earl you have been permanently reassigned to this mission! We are excited to have you and hope you are excited as well."

"Yes President I am happy to be here!"

The crazy thing about that last statement is that I really meant it. As I said it outloud I could feel God supplying me with the feeling that I needed. I am excited. I am happy and I know that God loves me all the same. 

Sometimes we catch on soon, sometimes we are a little late and sometimes we just have to wait the for the punch line in the next life. :P But for whatever reason I want to be here. I really love being here and I love that God loves me enough to help me grow. 

The crazy thing is yesterday we received a referral from a member who told us that her friend wants to learn more about the church.. guess who she is? An exchange student from Brazil! :) I am being taken care of. 

That being said this week has been awesome!! Tegan was baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday. She also bore her testimony on Sunday in Relief Society. I was the sweetest thing I have ever heard. She is the perfect example of how God prepares us to hear the gospel.

Basically it started in high school when she had a really good friend that was a mormon. She said he was always super nice to her and talked about God with her sometimes. Then she said over the next couple years she moved a lot and met 5 other members of the church who answered questions and left an impression on her. Finally her friend Shylee invited her to church and then it just snowballed until she was baptized. It only took her 5 weeks to know for herself that this was true. She is excited and so happy. :)

Anyway, that is all I can think of right now, but it was a great one!!

Love ya'll! 
-Sister Earl


No comments:

Post a Comment