Tuesday, February 4, 2014

January 27 Round 3

So we got transfer calls this morning and it was not really what was expected, but I am very glad. Sister Wolfgramm and I are both staying in Clear Lake! The missionaries getting transferred are the sister missionaries that have been here for about a year and the elder that only got here last transfer... Everyone was completely shocked! No one thought the Sister Blume and Sister Jackson would ever leave and no one thought Elder Johnson would leave after only 6 weeks! Transfers are always filled with excitement.
 
This past week was an awesome week for feeling the spirit, but not so awesome when it comes to actual lessons taught. Sister Sheri Dew came to our mission and we got to hear her speak to us 3 times! We had a Sister Missionary conference with her, then we had a YSA conference with her, and the next day we had a womens conference with her. It was a lot of Sheri Dew and a lot of spiritual upliftment.
 
When she spoke to us she spoke about a couple things that really hit me so I want to share them with you.
 
1) Learn the language of Revelation
I don't know about you but sometimes I have a hard time knowing what the spirit is trying to tell me to do. I wonder if it is just my own thoughts or if it really is inspiration. So when I listened to Sister Dew speak about this I really learned A LOT.
 
She said something like:
Did you know that there is a specific way that the spirit talks to you? Everyone is different and God knows that and so He speaks to us differently so we can understand better. The trick is understanding what the spirit feels like and sounds like when we receive promptings. So what do we do? We ask our Father to teach us how He is speaking to us. Specifically ask Him in prayer to teach you how to realize when He is speaking to you.
 
I had never thought to ask for that before, but I am trying and I can feel Him teaching me.
 
As I was reading the scriptures this morning I came across a chapter in 3 Nephi that I realized related to this prayer that I had been asking.
 
3 Nephi 26:9-11 and 13-14
 
 9 And when they shall have received this, which is expedient that they should have first, to try their faith, and if it shall so be that they shall believe these things then shall the greater things be made manifest unto them.
 10 And if it so be that they will not believe these things, then shall the greater things be withheld from them, unto their condemnation.
 11 Behold, I was about to write them, all which were engraven upon the plates of Nephi, but the Lord aforbade it, saying: I will btry the faith of my people.
13 Therefore, I would that ye should behold that the Lord truly did teach the people, for the space of three days; and after that he did ashow himself unto them oft, and did break bbread oft, and bless it, and give it unto them.
 14 And it came to pass that he did teach and minister unto the achildren of the multitude of whom hath been spoken, and he did bloose their ctongues, and they did speak unto their fathers great and marvelous things, even greater than he had revealed unto the people; and he loosed their tongues that they could utter.


These scriptures were very interesting to me. First of all I learned that God gives us revelation slowly as we are ready. Also I learned that there is a certain pattern that qualifies us for revelation.
1) We need to know who our Saviors is. So we need to read about him in the scriptures and think about his sacrifice. We need to make it so he can "show himself unto them oft."
2) We need to go to church and partake of the sacrament. The sacrament is how we renew our covenants or promises that we made at the time we were baptized. Every time we partake of the sacrament worthily we receive the same effect we had when we were actually baptized. It allows us to be forgiven of the things we have done wrong so far so that we can continue to become better! It is such a blessing! When we are clean we can feel the promptings of the spirit easier; therefore making revelation easier.
3) We need to choose that we want to learn from the teachings of Christ. We will not be forced to learn or receive revelation. We have to want it. When we want to be taught a special spirit comes into our lives. We understand that we do not have all the answers and we need Gods help to become better.
I know there is still a ton to learn about revelation, but I feel like I am starting to sorta understand how He is trying to teach me. If you want to know more, then show more desire by your studies and your prayers.
He literally grants us according to our desires. DandC 11:8

8 Verily, verily, I say unto you, even as you desire of me so it shall be done unto you; and, if you desire, you shall be the means of doing much good in this generation.
The things that we desire we will get. If you desire to have a stronger relationship with your Father in Heaven then you will get it and He will make sure to help you. He loves you. Never forget it!
Have a great week!! Love ya'll!
-Sister Earl

No comments:

Post a Comment