Monday, December 30, 2013

Merry Christmas Ya'all

Well this Christmas is turning out to be quite different than I even expected. I have eaten Jalapeno Sushi, going to 3 different dinner appointments today, with 2 other eating appointments tomorrow, and I received a flu shot.

Merry Christmas to me! 

Really though this Christmas is different. I thought I was going to be really torn up about not being home, but I feel so good. I know this is where God wants me to be right now and there is nothing more comforting than that thought. The things I am most excited about this year is Skyping my family and the people excited to talk about baby Jesus. 

This past week has been filled with miracles and I just love that I get to be a witness of them. 

First of all we are working with a less active recent convert in the YSA branch named Emma. She is Bulgarian and is working as a nurse in a clinic. She lives alone and has sooo many health problems it is hard to even know what they all are. She was just baptized a couple months ago and has a hard time coming to church every week because of her health. We just were able to finally meet with her this week for a lesson and while we talked it became so clear to us that what she really needed was a priesthood blessing. So I asked her if she had ever had one. She responded with, "well I was given the Holy Ghost, that is a blessing right?" We then went on to explain that she could receive a blessing of healing. We talked about the Priesthood Power that God has given to man to act in is name. Literally it is the power for us to do the things that God or Jesus Christ would do if they were here. We explained that not everything would just be made right, because it has to be according to Gods will, but we promised her it would help her. We testified the Power of God and His love for us. We told her that if she had the faith that God could help her then the blessing would most definitely work. 

So this Sunday she came to church. She was late and missed more than half of Sacrament Meeting, but she came. Right after Sacrament Meeting we went into the Bishops office and she was given a blessing. (I was suppose to teach Gospel Principles so I gave the book to the Elders and said, "Will you stall for a min? The topic is repentance. He looked at me and said, "Uh, sure. I mean, yes." hahaha)

She got the blessing and then had to go because she was still not feeling very good. So Sister Wolfgramm and I proceeded to go to the next class. (and yes I took back over the class so the elders could stop trying to lead the class. :P)

Later that night we got a text message from Emma. 
"I don't understand it, I feel sooo much better. I didn't have to take my steroids today!"

The church is true. God does work through us to bless His children. He loves us, I promise. I know sometimes we feel like He doesn't, but He always will. "His love is", like what President Monson said this last conference, "simply always there." I testify of this truth. 

Yesterday we were lucky enough to have a Christmas Mission Conference. We got everyone together for spiritual thoughts, talks, music, talent show, food, and give exchanges. It was really fun and it was sooo good to see all my favorite people from transfers before. 

This work it true. God lives and so does Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for his wonderful sacrifice and love for us. 

Merry Christmas Ya'll! 
-Sister Earl

No comments:

Post a Comment