Monday, September 9, 2013

September 9 2013

Hello all my lovely friends,

This week has gone by especially fast since P-day was on Tuesday last week. Luckily the entire week has been awesome, with the little rocks in the road to keep it interesting.. just like always. :)

I think we finally figured all the stuff out with the apartment. We have gone a couple week now with no late fee notifications or last minute faxes to the mission office. Thank goodness for that. 

This week was filled with more and more learning opportunities that I am so grateful for. I am really trying to keep up with my journal so I can record all the blessings I see everyday. Really if you look anything can become a blessing. 

One of my blessings this week was went I was in a lesson with a member and her friend. We were talking about reading the Book of Mormon and the member piped up with this little nugget of wisdom. 

She said " The Book of Mormon talks about Jesus Christ just like the Bible does. When we read them both we get a better idea of who Christ is. When we know someone better we naturally trust them. So the more we can know about our Savior the easier it will be to turn our pains and worries over to Him. We will trust Him and know Him as an individual."

Wow, when she said that the spirit just flooded into the room. Her friend talked about the desire she has had to know the Savior better. I couldn't believe how strong the spirit was... I seriously felt like Jesus was right there personally inviting her to read the Book of Mormon and I was just the person speaking the words. It was powerful and I know that I was not in charge of that moment. That was completely the Spirit taking over. :) 

This stuff is powerful. We are not talking about a Book that simply makes us feel good when we are reading it. We are talking about TRUTH. It contains the Truth and there is nothing more powerful than that from our loving Father in Heaven. 

I testify that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that it will help you to know Jesus Christ right along with the Bible. When you know Him then you can trust Him and he really can lift you up. 

The Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know it and I know God knows it. He wants everyone to know. 

Eu Amo Voces!
-Sister Earl

No comments:

Post a Comment