Monday, August 26, 2013

Oi! 
How are all ya'll doing? Well I am doing great too, let me tell you about it. :) 

This week was a good week.. but not a numbers week. All of your missionaries know what I am talking about. Sometimes you get to the end of the week and you go to report on the numbers of the week and you think, "Wow... is that all?" Then you go through your planner and count once or twice more before you realize that you were right the first time. 

Even though we only taught a little this week we still had some wonderful things happen! It is crazy how God works that way. He gives you blessings in all sorts of ways, the trick is to find them. It is almost a game! "Where have I seen the Lords hand today in my life?"

Well we started off the week going to the temple (on tuesday) The temple was beautiful and it made me feel so much better. Plus afterwards the members we went with took us to lunch! I love my food. 

On Wednesday we were in the neighborhood of a guy we had talked to a couple weeks before. His name is Darryl and he is a big BBQer. He goes with his dad all the time to enter BBQ competitions! Cool right? Well we talked to him just right before he left for his competition, but he took a Book of Mormon and said he would read it on the way. We didn't know if it would happen or not but we decided to choose faith instead of doubting. So this brings us to Wednesday when we saw him outside. We go riding up to talk to him and he recognizes us right away and says, "Hey Sisters!" He then went on to tell us that now was not a good time, but he wanted us to come back soon because he did read the book and he wants to talk about it. I could hardly believe it! 

Thursday we had Zone Conference! It was awesome! Our Mission President is so inspiring and we had a lot of really great things to improve on. One of the things I want to work on is developing the attitude of turning outward and helping others when I feel like turning inward. We talked about Christ and how whenever he was tired or in pain he never failed to reach out and help the people in need. He always could go outside of himself and think about others. 

The rest of the weekend was filled with all sorts of rain adventures. Actually Sunday was a bit of a miracle. We get up and start getting ready only to look outside and see that it was pouring rain. We sighed a little and just continued our routine. Just about 5 mins before we left the rain slowed down to a little drizzle so we could get to church, but the minute we got inside the church building it picked up again... only to stop a couple minutes after church ended. It was such a blessing and I know it was from God. 

It made me sort of reflect on the way God feels about Sundays. He is just fine with us getting soaked through on most days.. haha but he knows that we wanted to look dry and presentable as representatives of Christ in the Lords House. That was a little tender mercy that I just felt so grateful for. He really is in charge of our lives. I don't know how he takes care of all his children so tenderly, but I know He does. 

I know He loves us so much. He really cares about how we feel and what we are going through. Sometimes I know a lot of us feel alone. We feel insignificant and small, but God sees what we can become. 

I testify that God lives. I know that he love YOU and he knows YOU. I am a witness of His mercy. I am a witness of His Justice. I know that God is perfectly just, meaning that He treats everyone the same no matter where they come from or what they have done. As long as you repent and come unto Him you can receive the mercy of the Savior. 

I testify that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the same church Christ brought to the earth. It is lead by holy prophets who talk to God and know exactly what we need to do in order to return to our Heavenly Father. 

We are in this together, and yes, that includes our Father in Heaven and His Son, Jesus Christ. 

Have a smashing week ya'll! 
Love, Sister Earl

No comments:

Post a Comment