Wednesday, August 21, 2013

You know those times when you know where you are going, but when you have to explain it to someone you just can't figure it out? Well that is exactly how I felt Friday night when my companion left me and I had another Sister come and join me for a day.

Suddenly I was in charge and while I acted like everything was awesome and I knew exactly what I wanted to do.. I felt quite small. In fact I suddenly had to figure out how all the neighborhoods fit together and how we would ride our bikes on the safest roads to get there. I was a little stressed.. but it worked out just fine. I didn't get us killed and we actually had some awesome lessons!!

My favorite story happened Friday night. We had just arrived at a members house that we wanted to visit, but by the time we knocked on the door 3 times we figured they were probably not home. (even though there were 3 cars outside) Anyway, we turn around to leave and this HUGE BLACK CLOUD IS COVERING THE ENTIRE SKY.

Of course everyone knew that a huge storm was coming.. and that it would be best to stay in doors.. but nobody thought to warn the innocent Sisters on their bikes... hah 

The rain starts to pour down in buckets. It seriously looked like there were a billion buckets just dumping huge sheets of water down, because of the winds being blown in different ways. The lighting and thunder started and I seriously thought we were going to be hit. The flashes of light and sound were so close it was obvious that the storm was just right over us. The street was already flooded so that we could not even see the lines on the road. All of this happened in like... umm 2 mins maybe. haha just picture us standing on the covered porch thinking.. "What in the world are we going to do?" Hermana Carlson (the sister with me) looks at me and says, "um, what do you do without a car?" I looked at her and said, "Well lets try the neighbors" So we run across the street dragging our floating bikes with us trying to see good enough not to run into a car or a tree or something. We knock on the door and a lady barely cracks open the door and yells, "What can I do for you?" I sorta laughed to myself and yelled back, "Would it be ok if we came in, its sorta raining out here." She laughed and let us in! Yay! We were completely soaked through.. but we went to the kitchen and sat at the table. We taught the first lesson and will be going back soon. :) They are an awesome family. Storms sometimes come in handy ;)

On Saturday we got to talk to a lot of people and have some new investigators that I am excited about. At the end of the transfer I must say I was proud of how I handled the situation. I hope I can continue to have that fire and motivation now that my comp is back. :) It changes your outlook a bit when you have to be in charge. haha

A bunch of the missionaries from my district at the MTC arrived in Brazil this week! I am excited for them!! :) I will join them one day! haha 

We went to the temple today! It was a great day! :) 

(OH and the picture of the lizard is just one of the things I see everyday about 20 billion times. There are lizards everywhere! Especially after the storm! They are cute though and really fun to grab. :P )

Have a great week everybody! 
-Sister Earl
                                            


No comments:

Post a Comment