Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Its P-day again!
This morning my companionship got up at 5 so we could go do laundry before heading to the temple. It was more painful than I anticipated. We went to sleep at 10:30, but 5 came waaaay too soon. So pretty much at 5 I just threw on a sweatshirt and ran down to the laundry room. My companions and I have a unspoken rule where we just don't talk to each other in the morning because we don't want to say anything that we regret... plus after scripture study we are a lot happier anyway. So picture 3 sister missionaries in pjs and sweatshirts looking like they just died trying to find a washing machine for their clothes. I think an Elder saw me and felt bad because he said "Sister there is a washing machine over here." Haha I must have looked like a lost little puppy or something. haha Anyway we got our laundry done and headed over to the temple at 7. The temple as always is a wonderful experience. :)
After the temple we went back to our room and crashed. It was the most glorious nap I have ever experienced! I was out for a good 2 hours before I even realized anything had happened. :) Eu amo P-day! I love it.
Side note: My favorite thing to say in Portuguese is "muito legal" It means "very cool" My companions and I say it for practically everything. It is a lot more fun than it should be. :P
This week has been quite awesome actually. Our district just gets better and better everyday. I am sending a picture of them so you can see them all finally. There is Elder Crapo, Elder Wyatt (from ellensburg he knows meg and brittany) Elder Sewell, Elder Perez, Elder Stilson (yes he is 6ft 8inches) Elder Nielson, Elder Park, Elder Bybee, and Elder Miller. Then the other two sisters, Sister Peterson and Sister Parks. The more I think about someone getting their visa the more I get a little sad! I don't want to lose anyone, but I want them to get Visas ya know!? Everyone says the only people who have gotten Visas have been from Washington so I have a chance... but I don't really know what to expect. haha
This week we started a new investigator thing were we have 2 investigators and we have figure out what they need and focus our lessons in a way to help them personally. This would be super easy if I were fluent in Portuguese.... but ya.. I am not. hah In our first lesson we knocked on the door, introduced ourselves and asked if we could come in. Laura let us in, but said she really didn't have very much time so we would have to hurry. We then proceeded to teach her the Restoration. The begining was a little shakey but once we hit the part with Joseph Smith and the first vision the Spirit was so strong I was just speaking... I hardly needed to think about the words I was saying. This past week I memorized the first vision in Portuguese and so I got to recite it to Laura and bear my testimony. I want to say it was was so good because I am such a wonderful missionary, but I know none of that actually came from me. It was the Espirito Santo speaking through me and I feel so blessed to have that opportunity as a missionary!!
The MTC is truely amazing. Everything is perfectly set up and flows so well. I love Portuguese. I love the way it sounds. I love the way I feel when I can bear my testimony and share my feelings. I know this is where I am suppose to be and God is helping me with every step. One of my all time favorite things is singing in Portuguese. I have always enjoyed Hymns, but something about the Portuguese language just makes it that much more beautiful.
I love being a missionary.
It is fun seeing all these people coming in to the MTC. I have seen Sister Jones, Sister Moberg, Elder Da Ponte, Elder Mounts.. and this week hopefully Elder Hyer!! Elder Mounts is flying out tomorrow!! I am so excited for him. He is going to be a great missionary and I wish him the best.
Yes mom I got my package!! Just in time to take my tennis shoes to gym!! I was so happy! The pictures turned out great and the chocolate was just what I needed! Thank you so much for sending the package and all the letters. You have no idea how wonderful it is to get a couple letters at the end of a hard day. :) It makes it more worth it. I love all of you so much and I think about you everyday. Remember that your Heavenly Father is there for you always. He never will go away because he loves you perfectly.
Eu se que Jesus Cristo e nosso Salvador.
I love you all!!


No comments:

Post a Comment